This list contains the top 8 UN Environment tweets with the most likes and retweets of 2017 on the social networking platform Twitter. Our most retweeted story is about the Pangolins: these solitary and primarily nocturnal animals are increasingly victims of illegal wildlife crime for their meat and scales. The most liked tweet is from our new Global Goodwill Ambassador, Ellie Goulding. The British singer and songwriter joined our fight to #BeatPollution.
8. Merry Christmas from UN Environment
7. Celebrating the #WorldFoodDay
6. #WorldEnvironmentDay in Canada
5. Take action for #CleanSeas
4. #WorldWildlifeDay and the baby elephants
3. The World's Largest Beach Clean-Up
2. Ellie Goulding become a UN Environment Global Goodwill Ambassador
1. Get to know the pangolin!